- 2012-2015 Glendale, CA - Ashland Oregon
an Illustrated version of Cancel Christmas in 2013. Moved to Ashland, OR Novemeber 16, 2012. Performed for Candace in her show What About Love? and another dance show at the Ashland Armorey. Started an Acting Wizard Workshop at the Ashland Elks Lodge. Produced Can You See Him Now? at the Ashland Senior Center and the Elks Lodge.
- 2011 Ukiah, CA: Played, Gus, the thatre cat for Ukiah Civic Light Opera’s production of the musical CATS.
- 2007-2010 Costa Mesa – Glendale:
Two short stories; published in 2006 and 2009 in books titled “Horses with a Mission.” & “Angel Horses” The play CANCEL CHRISTMAS was produced by the Ukiah Civic Light Opera, and five other venues, two in Europe. Visit www.bogwig.com for more information on CANCEL CHRISTMAS.
- 2000-2006 Huntington Beach: Received a $17,000.00 Grant from Segerstrom & Sons and the Friends of Oasis Senior Center to teach teens and seniors drama. Musical Cancel Christmas produced at the Eagle Rock Stage in 2006 and the Huntington Beach Playhouse in 2004. Wrote two screenplays, being handled by a Los Angeles Writer’s Guild Agent.Toured a two man version of Neil Simon’s Sunshine Boys. Wrote play “Can You See Him Now?”
- 2000-2006 Huntington Beach: Re-wrote
Neil Simon’s "The Sunshine Boys" for two actors. Directed the re-write and
played the part of Willie Clark. Toured Orange County, LA County, Riverside
County and Mojave County.
- 1991-1999 San Diego
- Computer MIS for RF Industries. Actor. Wrote and published Children’s
Christmas story (Cancel Christmas). Produced Children’s Musical Play (Cancel
Christmas) at the Patio Playhouse and San Diego Children’s Museum.
- 1986-90 Los Angeles:
Public Relations & Advertising with Elayne Blythe & Associates and a consultant on the Film
Advisory Board. Co-ordinated events for the FAB, while being a consultant and . Was a charter member of the Theatre
of Note in Hollywood and an active actor. Was an account executive for a Hollywood Magazine called "Cover to Cover." Sam was also featured In a photo shoot for the magazine.
- 1982-86 Bakersfield & Hollywood:
Produced Country Western concerts at the fair grounds. Played the role of Herr Schultz in "Cabaret" (ran for 12 weeks). Worked as account executive for an advertising agency, wrote copy and
produced TV commercials for Impact Design Ad Agency. Entertainment coordinator
for Buck Owens’ Rodeo Days also sold ads for his program and for his Penny
Saver (3 years) and The Jerry Lewis' Muscular Dystrophy Telethon (3 years).
Acted in local TV commercials. Produced, directed and was emcee for a Male
Burlesque show for Wild Bill’s Saloon (9months).
- 1979-82 Hollywood Promotion for
Better Half Music Publishing Co. owned by Jackie Hilliard - Bob Hilliard passed on in February 1971. Also worked in films as an extra.
- 1975-1979 Sonoma, California:
Produced Concerts and festivals. Formed community service groups. Produced and
directed an historical Pageant,"Saga of Sonoma".
- Produced Japanese cultural
concert in San Francisco's Japan Center Theatre.
- Created the "Counterpoint
Theatre" in an old winery.
- Taught acting to the Mini-Players and formed the Wizard Workshop.
- Wrote and produced Children plays
for the Boys & Girls Club.
- Wrote the play Cancel Christmas.
- 1974 Los Angeles: Stage Manager and Artist Relations
at the Beverly Hilton Hotel for Marathon Productions. I Booked Monti Rock III to open for Josephine Baker; other artist who appeared were Ike and Tina Turner, Bill Cosby, Ed McMahon and Johhny Mathis. Also did Public Relations & Advertising with Elayne Blythe & Associates and The Film
- 1974 Beverly Hills: Agent for
Foxx Talent Agency. Represented writer/director, Tay Garnett. (06/12/1974) Tribute to Tay Garnet on the Merv Griffin Show - Conceived and
coordinated 90 minute Merv Griffin Show with Walter Pidgeon, Eve Arden, Lloyd
Nolan and George Murphy, appearing to pay tribute to Tay Garnett. Four months in Hawaii, working on a cultural show.
- 1970-73 San Francisco, Los Angeles and Mexico City:
Artist Relations and PR for Marquee Enterprises (Owners of the Circle Star
Theatre, S.F.; the Valley Music Theatre, L.A.; the Mill Run Theatre, Chicago.)
Worked with top recording artists and Las Vegas acts, also assistant to Donjo
Medlivine, Owner/producer of Marquee Enterprises, and fomer owner of the Chez Paree in Chiago. Promotion for
Better Half Music Publishing Co. owned by Bob and Jackie Hilliard, writers of
Our Day Will Come, Wee Small Hours of the Morning, Moonlight Gambler, Bouquet of Roses, Civilization, and many others.
- 1967-69 New York Photographer
for RCA Records. Studied Shakespearian Drama with Rafael Kelly. Met the Grateful Dead through the New York Jet Set.
- 1961-66 San Francisco - Promotion
and Photography. Coby Yee's Skyroom, Club 442. Worked for Brooks Camera
- 1956-59 Miami Beach - Publicity
and photography for the following hotels: Lucerne, Versailles, Deauville,
President Madison and the Singapore Hotel. Became close friends with Sarah Vaughan, who I met through Sir Lionel Beckles.